We are excited to announce Megan is now a part of the Physiotherapy team for the Gold Coast Suns Women's AFL Team. This is a dream come true for her so the next time you're in the clinic on a Wednesday or Friday give her a high five!
Tom is back from California
Tom and the Australia A Swim team returned from a very successful campaign in California. Some exciting young swimmers are ready to push toward Paris 2024!
Farewell to James
Our Senior Sports Physiotherapist, James Thompson is moving on to new adventures and will soon no longer be a part of our team. While we are sad to see him go we are very proud of him for pushing himself to take on new challenges. James' last day in our clinic will be Friday 18th August.
James will be handing over the care of his clients to one of our other experienced Sports Physiotherapists so you can rest assured you will still be in great hands!
Vanessa's Wellness Tips
- Get adequate sleep: Having less than 6 hours sleep per night can significantly impair your cognitive, immune and metabolic function, and ultimately your sporting performance. Adults should be aiming for 7-8 hours sleep per night.
- Refuel your body: Appropriate nutrition post-exercise is required for repair and adaptation, as well as reducing the risk of injury and illness. Refuelling should begin as soon as possible after a session.
- See a Sports Physiotherapist: Massage and mobilisation, as part of Physiotherapy treatment, can help to reduce muscle soreness and restore join and muscle range of motion. An added bonus is the positive psychological benefits.
- Take a dip: Hydrotherapy, or water immersion, has widespread effects on many body systems resulting in reduced inflammation, muscle soreness and perceptions of fatigue. It can also assist with immune function, sleep and stress levels.
- Engage in active recovery: Low to moderate intensity activities, such as walking, jogging, swimming and cycling, can assist the body to return to its normal resiting state (homeostasis) after intense exercise, allowing you to bounce back sooner.